Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chocolates For Breakfast, Yum! Yum!

Serve a plate of this delicious Pancakes With Chocolate Chips topped with some Pancake Syrup to three kids and watch their faces when they take a bite. You will see three lovely smiles and three sets of expressions, "Mmm, yummy (my son) .... This is really good (my niece)........ Mommy, you are so clever" (my daughter)!  Hehehehe! Thank you, chocolate!



Toll House Mini Morsel Pancakes are so easy to make and so delicious. We have it topped with some Pancake Syrup, but it is actually good enough on it's own.


Yummylicious!


Chocolates for breakfast, anyone?


Can I have one more, please?

If you are baking or cooking from any of your cookbooks, it would be nice to share and link to  Cookbook Sundays over at Mom's Sunday Cafe.
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Toll House Mini Morsel Pancakes
(adapted from "Favourite Brand Name Chocolate" by PIL Publications)
Makes 18 pancakes
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (6-ounces) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
1 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups milk
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
powdered sugar
fresh sliced strawberries
maple syrup


Combine flour, morsels, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and brown sugar in medium bowl, add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter may be lumpy).

Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with vegetable oil. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn; continue to cook for about 1 minute longer or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar, top with strawberries. Serve with maple syrup.


30 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm that last picture looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a piece or two.. too! Hope I can make some this weekend as brunch! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancakes looks wonderful... my kid would definitely gonna love this.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look amazing, I love pancakes! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious looking pancakes. Just loved the chocolate oozing out at the surface. Lovely preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite recipes at the moment.
    Yesterday the Gateau Breton, today the pancakes...
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those delectable pancakes looks super inviting and filling..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like them, very much, and the fact that they can be mini is a plus for me: I like mini pancakes!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha love it, that certainly would bring a smile to a kids face :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Revenues are very well prepared, I loved it. My blog is his birthday and I would like to thank her for being a follower, thank you! Regards, Marta.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be whistling all my way to work if I have this for breakfast...hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg, these pancakes look so yummy! They're going on my breakfast list for tomorrow morning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my .. that is one yummy set of pancakes .. I am sure my kids would love them too.

    Vardhini
    Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic
    Event: Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Broccoli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Joy, you are the best! Sharing 3 of your lovely recipes with Cookbook Sunday, hmmm which one to try first! Thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Droolworthy and if you ask for my expression then it will be something like mmmmm.....yummmmo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great idea to use chocolate in the pancakes. Now my son is picky but he will certainly scarf down his share of pancakes especially if it involves nutella or choc. chips! your pics look fantastic! Love your blog and recipes. SO glad you stopped by so I could find your blog too. I am now your newest follower! XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I give my daughter chocolate pancakes and shape them into a caterpillar on special occasions and it's always a huge hit. Yours look so yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. now i'm hungry for pancakes! they look wonderful! what a coincidence that you , me and zoe posted something on chocolate today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this is my kind of breakfast!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I believe this will bring a happy smile to any face... including this one...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chocolate for breakfast? Yes please! What a great way to eat chocolate. You are clever, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Joy,
    I will have a short stack please. These pancakes look fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am all for chocolate for breakfast :D The pancakes look delectable!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know, you made this just for me. Thanks.

    I can't wait to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, really sounds delicious!!!
    hugs;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello friends,
    Thank you for stopping by. Make some of this pancakes for your weekend breakfast, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look heavenly - I would love to have breakfast at your place and get a big plate of these :-)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  28. My beloved friend
    So delicious !!!
    Thank you, for the nice recipe!!!
    Many greetings and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  29. Chocolate and pancakes...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete